Sunday 28 August 2011

Lost luggage and new experiences.

Ok, I don't have much time but ill just recap my last couple days!

Travelling was an experience and  a half. I almost missed my flight from detroit to Amsterdam due to last minute gate changes and then I almost missed my flight to Amsterdam to Tanzania..and of course with my luck all my luggage didn't make it. But i was strangely ok with everything because its a new experience...and new experiences bad or good teach you lessons on life.

First day in Tanzania has been amazing. Ive already met new friends and experienced so much.

hakuna matata..it means no worries in swahili...they use it all the time because everyone here is so layed back and relaxed.

I don't know when ill be able to blog again..but i have to go eat...fingers crossed there is no seafood!

LOVE,

Monica!

1 comment:

  1. My dearest monie,

    Almost missing your flight,losing your luggage....this can only happen to you eh?! I am so relieved to hear that you made it safe and sound in Tanzania. I'm sure you'll make friends very easily! this comes second nature to you. I doubt it very much that you will not enncounter seafood....like fish with its head still attached and eyes staring at you...catch my drift? Then there's the other type of seafood...with tentacles flailing about and trying to grab your fingers....lol! I know i know...mommie has a wild imagination.
    Sweetie, I am so proud of you....my heart was so sad, worried and lots of other emotions going through me as I watch your image fade after you went beyond the airport security in Syracuse. I felt like telling that woman beside you at the security check to mind her own business when she kept saying, " you have to let her go, she has to learn on her own etc."... @#*$^$+@$*^@^$^%!!!
    "Whatever you meddling b#$*^! Mind your own business!!"... that was what was going through my head! Take care my sweet Monsie, and God Bless you. I know you'll bloom wherever God plants you. Love you so much xoxo.... Momsie

    ReplyDelete