Monday 5 September 2011

Crazy shenanigans

Jambo! (hello!)  It is absolutely crazy how friendly everyone is. By the end of the day my mouth hurts from smiling at people so much. We have weekends off and i had a great relaxing weekend. I did the most epic thing the other day! I went motorcycling around the base of Mount Kilimanjaro!! Me and this friend I met went through little paths, and villages and went to a local restaurant that had a crazy amount of food. Guess how much it costed? 60 cents. And the food was actually pretty good! I also bought fabric because we met this little girl at an orphanage that makes clothes...and shes looking for business so I'm going to get her to make me some stuff! Its pretty amazing.

Today at placement was amazing. The kids were awesome! I taught them a bunch of songs and i brought my speakers and we had a dance party! Its crazy how different the culture is here. A kid got a cut on his lip and I jumped up right away to help and the local teacher told me it was fine and just wiped up the cut with the kids shirt :P ...no bandaids...no washing...it was crazy.

Theres this little girl named brenda...and she is adorable. She sat on my lap for the longest time...she lives next door to me. She likes to eat rocks, and run around naked...haha, she ma girl.

Miss y'all !

2 comments:

  1. Why am i not able to post a comment??

    ReplyDelete
  2. K so the one above went but my longer message didn't go through. Let's try this again....
    So yeah, I was saying how proud I am of you Monsie. I know that you will make the most of your experience in Tanzania and that you will build friendships/memories/experiences that will always be a part of you.
    I have a couple of ideas for you for your teaching...
    10
    ) Charades...I bet the children will love this! It's a fun way of learning verbs!
    2) Roaming pictionary...this should be tons of fun too. I'm sure you remember how to play this game. All you need is a WORD list, pieces of paper and pencils and away you go. Depending on the number of children in your class, you may divide them into groups of 6. If you need clarification on the rules, just ask me.

    I love you my monster....take good care and we're praying for you daily:)

    ReplyDelete