Saturday 3 September 2011

First day at eliroy Nursery school!

I had my first day of placement yesterday and it was amazing! I'm teaching the kids English, math, crafts, games, songs and more! I was supposed to only be observing the first day but the teacher asked me to teach a lesson of some kind...so i had to think on my feet! I taught them a counting song and played Monica says to teach them different verbs...they were actually getting it by the end! The kids are AMAZING, I drove in on the first day and all the kids were chanting "teacher teacher teacher" and they had a welcome song and signs for me...it was so cool! The kids were so cute it was unreal. By the end of the day i had kids that were pretty much attached to me by the hip...as i was leaving i had kids singing goodbye for about 5 minutes! I could tell that all these kids wanted was to be loved. They just wanted someone to pay attention to them, to hug them, to care about them...and that is what i am planning on doing.

In other news! I met a local friend named Duncan...and he said something that was pretty neat the other day..he took my arm and took his arm and put them together and said we may be different colors but if we get cut we still bleed the same. I thought that was pretty neat. Its crazy that Ive only been here for a week, Ive already met so many amazing people and made a lot of new friends.

Hope everything is good for everyone back home! you guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

Monica!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm so happy with your blog site, it contains all the matter with regards to playschool Good luck to you and your well performed job. Thanks for keeping us updated with the latest information for playschool.
    Regards
    Top Playschool in India,
    Top Pre school in india
    Top Pre Primary Education In India

    ReplyDelete